Despite going from living at one house and trying to empty it of all food, and moving to the new house and the realization that I have no staples anymore, it’s still been a great food week.
My breakfasts have been green smoothies and then Irish oatmeal in the latter part of the morning.
Once I get to work, it’s been heating up and eating the Irish oats with blueberries.
This morning, I used my new Instant Pot (click here to learn more!) to make Irish oats with blueberries, banana, vanilla and cinnamon. Ate some today, and have enough leftovers for half the work week!
Lunches have been soups and salads mostly. Quick and easy and can keep them in my fridge at work.
Dinners have been simple too. Dishes with tofu, beans, rice, and various veggie and salad portions as well.
Last night was our vegan drinks meet up and I did have a slice of vegan pizza and some garlic knots. It was tasty, but I didn’t go overboard, which was nice.
This has definitely been lacking. I think I posted about the flu going around, well that turned into my youngest getting pneumonia too. I did yoga at home, but that was pretty much it. Well, unless you count packing and hauling boxes all over. Otherwise I wasn’t really moving while I was moving!
Yesterday was my first outdoor run in a few weeks. It was ridiculously cold, but still felt good. My hope today is to finally go for a run in my new neighborhood! D has been scouting out some routes for me, which is incredibly cute.
Well, it’s been busy, but very rewarding too. The contractors finished the walls last Friday, and the movers brought our stuff on Sunday. So, it’s officially been one week since we started staying in the new house! There are still things to do – like curtains, lamps, and the electronic hook ups (D has some monstrous project being installed on Wednesday with a new TV, speakers (which will include recesessed ones in the ceiling), which will more or less complete things. We also want to pick up bar stools and collect and hang art work, but all the big things are done.
Many of our neighbors have stopped by to welcome us to the neighborhood, which has been incredibly nice. I’ve never experienced this before, so I’m definitely digging on it.
Last night was Vegan Drinks at the new Cogan’s location in Norfolk. We had a big crowd and it was a ton of fun. Of course, had to snap a pic with NS and KP!
In other news, my son won first place in a theater competition this past weekend! It was for a 30 minute 2-person show, where it was mostly M performing a monologue to the audience. It’s the first time his school has ever placed, much less won! He goes to a regional competition to perform again in two weeks. So proud of him!
R was finally well enough to go back to school this past week. What a crazy time for her to be so sick and moving (no, we didn’t let her actually move anything). I do have a collection of morning pictures to share though!
And one where she kicked my butt at Yahtzee. Twice. Brat child.
- my goals for eating habits are going well. Less processed foods and eating out, and more of eating balanced whole foods. I can definitely feel a difference, though I haven’t weighed myself yet.
- gluten – I haven’t been gluten-free, but I have been gluten-lite. It’s harder than I thought while moving, but I’ve been able to stick to having gluten containing foods only 2-3 per week total.
- meal planning – even though I haven’t done much grocery shopping, this is still going very well. I plan everything for the next day based on what I have at home, and it’s been quite the key to eating well for me.
- workouts – fail. I mean really fail. I’ve only run twice in two weeks and no hot yoga at all.
- blog consistently – fail. I haven’t blogged in two weeks! It’s easy for me to say I’ve just been too busy with move and life and work, but still. I could’ve found some time at least. Same with the workouts.
- wine habit – going great. I recognized a couple weeks ago that it was a habit, and I needed to replace it with a healthy one. So instead of grabbing a glass or two of wine every night, I’m drinking herbal tea. I have a groovy new tea kettle, stocked up on lots of different teas, and every time I think I want a glass of wine, I drink tea. I thought about just not having anything, but after reading the Power of Habit, realized it would be easier to just swap the habit. So I still have a glass with me in the evenings, but it’s filled with something good for me.
- reaching out when I need help. I have also been doing this. I have two other friends who happen to be working on ditching their nightly alcohol habits, and I wouldn’t have even known that if I hadn’t started talking to them about mine.
A big congratulations to Andrea! She’s the winner of the Best Green Smoothies on the Planet! giveaway!!!