For the most part, all of my meals this week have been the one’s I prepared last weekend. There were two exceptions. D, R, and I went out for dinner on Tuesday evening because we were out and about, and would have gotten too late if we ate at home. The second was when I spent the night at HF’s house, and we went for Thai. Otherwise, it was all bulk cooking eats!
I have to say, that bulk cooking really made everything easy on the eats front this week. I still would make meals for the family, but since my food just needed to be warmed up, I wasn’t skipping or missing meals. The down side is when I feel like getting creative in the kitchen, I would think, “but no, I already have my meal planned”, and sometimes that made me a little sad.
This week was more runs than yoga. R’s swim team practice started up again, so I would take her and then hit the treadmill while she was in the pool. I did that three days this week plus an outdoor run today!
This was a really good week. The kids all went back to school. R and M started school on Monday, and Friday afternoon I drove A back to university as her classes start tomorrow. She’s going through that moment we all do where she’s questioning if she’s in the right major, etc., and it’s been a tough few weeks for her. I think she’s excited to have a new semester ahead of her though.
Work was pretty low key still this week. I was covering for my boss while she was on vacation in Mexico, so that was some fun change to my day.
M left Friday morning for a trip to a university in Northern Virginia for a state theater competition. He’ll be home sometime late tonight. He said it was a blast and they got a trophy.
I visited Friday night with my friend HF. We went shopping (she helped me pick out new dishes!), had dinner, and just hung out. Her little boy is so cute, and on Saturday morning, I crawled back into bed so he could pretend to wake me up by tickling me.
Last night was AC’s yearly post-holiday party, and D, R, and I went to that. Also a lot of fun and nice Saturday evening.
Today I’ve been cleaning, organizing, and getting ahead on some work coming this week. D is in the Outer Banks taking pictures, A is away at school, and M is on his way home, so it’s mostly be me and R hanging out. A nice and peaceful end to the week.
GOAL CHECK IN
- felt I did great on the consistency of my workouts, even though they were pretty much all runs (with the exception of some home yoga).
- didn’t manage fully gluten free, as I had gluten when I went out to dinner on Wednesday.
- meal planning – nailed it, thank you!
- wine – enjoyed some wine at dinner with HF and at the party last night. This is in line with my plan. Also had one glass at dinner Tuesday, which I didn’t need, but was likely habit. I’ll have to keep a better eye on going out.
- meditation – haven’t figured out the best way to work that into my work days now that vacation is over. I only got in one day, and that was today. Though at 10 minutes, it’s my longest one yet.
- blog regularly – not so good. I was hoping to get in 2-3 this week, and didn’t. Will keep trying though!