I’m a Google-Diagnosis Rock Star


The past two days have been green smoothies for breakfast. They were both pretty much the same, except the greens. Water, banana, mixed frozen fruit, and kale yesterday, and subbed in Romaine today. This morning I made a double batch to take to work in case I got hungry at the office mid-afternoon!  I ended up drinking the leftovers after getting home from work.

I didn’t eat lunch yesterday because it was too hot to eat. I snacked on frozen fruit (while trying to find a way to shove myself into the freezer), and had the rest of my spicy tofu soup for dinner.

I also made a batch of banana bread. My bananas were about to turn and it was either peel and freeze them or make bread. I chose to bake the bread – but used the toaster oven so I didn’t add to the already oppressive heat of the house by turning the oven on!

For lunch today I made another big batch of cucumber gazpacho from Going Raw. This has quickly become my new favorite raw soup.  Judita Wignall is brilliant, and if you’re on Twitter, follow her @judita

I whipped up a quick Indian meal for dinner tonight. It was a long day and I forgot to pre-plan dinner, so after taking a look around, ended up with the below. It was quite tasty!


*1/2 block pressed tofu, cubed

*1/4 chopped onion

*1/2 tbsp. minced garlic

*1 tbsp. Rogan Josh season

*1 can lite coconut milk

*about 1/4 – 1/3 head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces

*2 handfuls kale (so scientific right?! But you know exactly what I mean!)


*heat a non-stick pan on medium-high. When hot, add tofu and onion and sauté for a few minutes.

*add the garlic and sauté for several more minutes. You don’t want the tofu dark brown, but a nice light stir-fry.

*add the seasoning, stir well.

*add coconut milk and cauliflower. Turn heat down to medium-low, cover, and cook until your desired degree of mushiness of the cauliflower.

*add the kale, recover, and cook another 5 minutes.

*salt to taste and eat it!

So really the basics of this recipe are the onion, garlic, and coconut milk. The spice blend can be as varied as you want. I have my hippie spice box (I am a spice snob) and it’s fun to just see what I have and what might taste good together. I went with the Rogan Josh, but almost did the Bangkok or Tandoori blends.


Yeah, I got nothing on this yesterday or today. Yesterday I was home dealing with maintenance people and, with it 90 degrees IN the house, I did enough sweating.

Today was just a really long day and my plan of going for a run was killed by rain storms.


Well, I will say life is better than it was two days ago. And I’m a Google-diagnosis GODDESS. Yes…I was dead on with what was wrong. Bad motor. It finally got fixed in the late afternoon yesterday. The house really didn’t get well cooled down until sometime in the middle of the night, but hey…it’s fixed and that’s pretty much all that matters.

With that said….Tuesday night was pretty horrific. I didn’t end up sleeping outside, though it was tempting. R slept on my bedroom floor because my room has more windows and more likely to have some type of breeze. Not sure it did, but we didn’t care if she crashed on our floor.

As rough as our night was, I felt the worst for A. She spiked a fever late that evening and had no relief at all. She stayed downstairs on the couch all night since the living room was the coolest in the house – relatively speaking. She mostly watched TV and alternated lying on the couch and on the wood floor where it was a little cooler. Poor baby.

I stayed home yesterday (A ran a fever all day, even with alternating Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours), but it broke just before bed. She slept in my room a bit while the AC guy was tromping around the house, but was mostly just miserable. I’m happy to report that the only thing she has today is a sore throat and an insufferable case of boredom.

The tree guy “might” fit us in this weekend. The plumber called and I have to call him back to make an appt. to fix the upstairs shower (forgot to mention that one), and the guy to fix the moisture barrier and do the treatment called today and we’re playing phone tag. D is taking the plumber, I’m taking the fungal treatment, and we’ll collectively figure out tree-guy. Whew!

I went to my new office today! All my stuff was there (except a printer) and I managed to unpack, get a ton of work done, and had a very good day. The commute sucks – especially in the evening – so instead of a 10-15 minute commute, it’s 45-60.

As usual D took R to day camp and snapped morning pics both days (I love that – it’s been almost 2 yrs that he’s done that with her every day).

Now, I’m going to go make lunches for R and I (not D since he has offsite meetings all day tomorrow and won’t be in the office), and prep all the ingredients for tomorrow’s dinner (slow cooker red beans and rice), and then drag my happy a$$ off to bed.

G’night peeps.

Published by


I am a 45 yo busy career single mom and doctoral student attempting to find her inner athlete, be a gluten-free(ish) vegan, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, box, do yoga, dance, travel, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

One thought on “I’m a Google-Diagnosis Rock Star

Leave a Reply to bridgetannie Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s