Two Posts in One Day…No It’s Not Armageddon


As planned, I had a fresh juice after my morning coffee.  It was my super simple stand-by of 2 apples, and 2 big carrots.  It made enough to fill a 12 ounce Tervis cup, and it just was so yummy, and filling, and cleansing.  I’ve so missed my juices.

Around 1030, I reheated some brown rice and the coconut lentil curry soup I made last week.  It was a very filling meal, and a good pre-workout one too.  Sorry, no picture.  I was in a hurry to eat and have my belly settle before a run!

I went out for a late lunch with AC.  I had the salad and sandwich combo.  My sandwich was called Spa Veggie, and was fantastic, and the salad was a yummy pear/grape/cranberry/arugula/spinach deal that was also very tasty.

I did make my own Pumpkin Spice Latte at home in the early evening.  This year, my local Farm Fresh is actually carrying not only my favorite holiday soymilk – Silk Chocolate Mint…but also the Silk Pumpkin Spice!  The chocolate mint I like to drink “straight up” (cold or warm), but the Pumpkin Spice is best in baked goods of coffee 🙂

Because my lunch was so late, my dinner was very, very light.  I made another winning recipe from Appetite for Reduction – a curried cabbage, carrots, and peas, and had it with a side of steamed rice.  I will say, I used the full 2 tbsp of my hot curry powder from my Xmas spice kit, and my mouth was on FIRE.  Not in a bad way though 🙂

not a pretty picture, but it was darned tasty!

I would recommend anyone looking for some stellar spices to check out The Spice House.  Yum!


It was 75 degrees here in VA today, so I just couldn’t resist an outdoor run.  Just shy of 3 miles – not a ton, but about all I had time for.

I really did think about strength training.  But of course I ran out of time and talked myself out of it.  Because really…choosing between lifting weights or running isn’t really a debate for me.


Today has been a long day, though much of it was nice.  I woke up pretty early, and considering D and I didn’t go to bed until well after midnight, I was hoping for a wee bit more sleep.  Alas…Sammie had other plans, so I was up close to 7 to feed her.

I did have quite a bit of time alone this morning, and enjoyed my coffee and juice while catching up on some blog reading, some research, and some writing.

After my run, I met up with AC for a long lunch….like 2 1/2 hrs.  We have a tendency to start talking and have a hard time shutting up.  She’s also the friend I’m most likely to have 80 conversations with, and finish none of them.  Good times!

I had to make a run to the pet store (Kiko’s sun died today) and the grocery, then head home.  D and I did some online Xmas shopping while watching a soccer match (okay, I was watching…and I’m sad to say Liverpool beat Chelsea), and then it was time to whip up dinner.  Thankfully D had a crock of red beans and rice going, so dinner was mostly made anyway.

I did my weekly meal planning, and have very few things I need to pick up (10 things, to be exact), so that will be my plan after work tomorrow.  I can’t begin to express how happy I am that this is a short work week!

Published by


I am a 45 yo busy career single mom and doctoral student attempting to find her inner athlete, be a gluten-free(ish) vegan, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, box, do yoga, dance, travel, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s