I Obviously Never Look at My Feet

If I had, I would have noticed my MIA toenail.  I wonder where they go, and how I never seem to notice when they decide to suddenly leave…and then return just as mysteriously.  Do they run off to Mexico, and then come back when they need money?  Backpacking in Europe?  And if they’re going somewhere fun, why can’t they take me with them?  Stupid toenails.  Who needs you anyway.  Well, maybe I do.  At least in sandal season.
I probably jinxed myself in yesterday’s post about having a great night’s sleep.  History did NOT repeat itself, and I slept like crap last night.  Scratch that.  When I WAS asleep, it was good.  Unfortunately, I woke up at 330 this morning.  Also as unfortunate, I fell back asleep just as the alarm was sounding. 
I got up, woke R up, only had the energy to give her cereal (though she opted for it…even though I offered pancakes too), made lunches for the kids, and then got ready for work.  My first meeting of the day was very long and a little frustrating, but we accomplished our objective.  Long story, but had to review responses from four software vendors to see if they can do what we’re asking.  I’ll be happy when we move beyond the “vendor selection” process and start to actually build the software.  That’s the fun part.
Breakfast was a yummy sandwich of Ezekiel bread toasted with mustard, baked tofu (that I made the other night), and some shredded cabbage.  And coffee of course. 
I had a really yummy lunch today too.  There’s a restaurant in Chesapeake right by my office called the Cutting Edge.  They have all ranges of food, including vegan.  I had a blackened vegan chick*n flatbread sandwich with mango, spinach, onions, and a red bell pepper sauce.  See picture below.  It was tasty and came with a side of hummus and pita triangles. 
  today’s lunch!
After work, I picked R up and came home to bust out her homework.  She and I and M left for the Y after.  M went into the interactive zone, R went into the play zone, and I went to a spinning class.  It was tough, but I liked it.  I’m amazed though, at how tough it was.  I’m in pretty good shape, and this class kicked my #!#^%#%&.  I think I’ll go back though, as an addition to my cardio…at least until I start training in earnest for my next big run.  From there, R had swim lessons, and then she and M goofed off in the pool for a bit.  We made it home, and had dinner pretty much right away.  That was a good thing too, since I was starving.
I made a crockpot stuffed bell pepper meal tonight (see yesterday’s blog picture…it was from that book).  The stuffing was Israeli couscous, lentils, onions, salt, pepper, and cayenne.  The sauce was tomato paste, orange juice, and sundried tomatoes.  Stuff it all, cook on low for 4 hours, and poof…a healthy and filling dinner.  Of course I’m the only one who ate it.  Everyone else had turkey in gravy, mashed red potatoes, and green beans.  For dessert I had a big glass of chocolate soymilk.
So that’s it for my day.  I’m exhausted and can’t wait for bed.  Soon.  G’night.

Published by


I am a 45 yo busy career single mom and doctoral student attempting to find her inner athlete, be a gluten-free(ish) vegan, and find a way to balance it all without going crazy! I love to cook, read, run, box, do yoga, dance, travel, and learn as many new things as I can - which often gets me in trouble.... I am passionate about life in general, and if I didn't write about it, I'd probably implode.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s