Today was totally a mixed bag on the food front. On the one hand, breakfast was awesome. Lunch was healthy, but not what I would have chosen had I been given better options, and dinner was just a joke…..
I was out of the house much earlier today than I had anticipated. My first meeting wasn’t until 930, but I left home at 730 because I was up and ready. Since I had a bit of time to kill, I went to Yorgo’s for another awesome vegan bagel sandwich, but this time I stayed at the deli to eat. I was still at the hospital by 830, so got to get some work done prior to my meeting.
|bagel sandwich and hot tea!|
My first and last meetings of the day were at the main hospital, so I co-opted an office there and worked all day. Typically, I would have gone out somewhere fun for lunch, like Thai, Indian, or Greek. Unfortunately, I had a LOT come up between meetings, and just didn’t have the time. That meant….HOSPITAL FOOD. Ugh. Not much vegan friendly there. So I ended up with cereal, soy milk, a banana (which I never did eat), and….Diet Pepsi. Lunch of champions (or the desperate).
|nothing like soy milk. and a cola. mmmmmm…..|
Dinner was a team building event at Abuelo’s. While the happy hour specials were good – the only vegan friendly thing they have is chips, salsa, and guac. So that’s what I had. And a beer. Of course I’m feeling it too…when I don’t eat cleanly, I tend to feel less than stellar.
|Not my drink, but it was pretty|
I DID IT!!! I dragged my butt out of bed at 420 am to workout! Like a good little soldier, I laid out my workout clothes and shoes before bed last night, and D set the coffee pot for 4am so I’d be good to go on all fronts.
I got dressed, had a cup of java, and left at 445. I got to the gym at 453am, waited with the small, dedicated, and slightly goofy crowd for the doors to open at 5, and proceeded to head to the Fitlinxx computer to start my workout machines!
One small problem. Stupid computer system wasn’t working and no one there at that unholy hour could help me. They informed me that my beloved Fitlinxx machines have been dying a slow death, and that they’ve purchased a new system (called ActiveTrax) that I have to be set up on. I went to make an appt, and the one employee/personal trainer was exceptionally rude when I tried asking for help. I found someone else, set up an appt for 715pm Wednesday, and left. I don’t know how to workout with free weights (and I was in a bad mood by that point), so I went home.
I did, however, go running. My feet hit the pavement by 520am, and I was back home at 6. I jumped in the shower, was out by 610 (I’m not usually the type to linger in the shower…get clean…get out. Unless I’m sick and freezing or something). Anyway, I woke D up, he had ironed my clothes, so I made breakfasts, lunches, and then was bored by 730. Hence my earlier than planned departure.
So on the one hand, I’m proud that I actually got up at that ridiculous time to workout. Focus. Dedication. Slightly insane. I’m disappointed that I didn’t get to strength train – especially since I made an effort to do so and considering how much I hate it. And I’m really peeved that I could have slept an extra hour and accomplished the same thing. So on one hand failure, and the other success.
Tomorrow I’m scheduled for a brick. It’s supposed to rain, but since our meteorologists tend to be completely wrong (I still think weather predication is a wee bit of voodoo science!), I’m not convinced. I mean really….if there’s a 10% chance of rain….and it rains….should they get credit for thinking they were 90% wrong? Anyway…I digress. My plan is to pack my bag, toss my bike in the van, and workout immediately after my last meeting. That should give me enough time to make it to the Y for my weight lifting. Focus. Dedication. Woo hoo.
So the post-vacation feel good vibes are now gone. I spent 10 minutes today trying to figure out when my next day off is (Memorial Day – May 30).
I love my work. I really do (not just saying that to convince anyone else), but there are days where things are tough. I feel like that’s been the norm for the past 7 months or so! I get so much work loaded on, too few resources, and each time I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel, it’s really just an oncoming train. It’s nothing about where I work or who for (I happen to believe VERY strongly that I work for a great company and have the worlds best boss. ever). But I swear…I have projects that just won’t go smoothly no matter what we do. It’s being dependent on others who don’t even work at my company (so I therefore have no control over) that is the biggest problem. Ugh. One day that light really WILL be the end of the tunnel. Then again – I may not know what to do with myself when that happens!
Sorry to whine and get all depressing and stuff.
On the way to work today, the idiot light came on in the van. I spent MANY times running out of gas in an old car because it didn’t tell me when it was almost empty. Anyway, I knew I could make it to the hospital, but I likely wouldn’t make it back home without filling up.
So after leaving my last meeting at 530, I pulled into the gas station on my way out. I pull up to the pump…and NO WALLET. Ugh. I’m freaking out, D’s not home to check to see if I left in by the computer, and I’m pretty worried my wallet was stolen at the hospital sometime. Thankfully, I had some cash in the van, so I put $20 in, and headed to the team building. One the positive side – I had cash. Yeah! On the negative side – I wasn’t carded when I bought my beer which scares me that I’m starting to look old!
On that note…I’m off to get some beauty sleep!